Discuss trowels for porcelain wall & floor tiles..confused & worn out in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

D

dunner

Hi all ,
As a beginner i have being trying to learn about correct trowels , but so much info & so many choices , i give up & have to ask specific questions.hope someone can help..I am buying 490x490 polished porcelain tiles for ensuite walls & floor (tiling around shower walls also) + some 300x300 mosaic tiles for decorative strip in shower .
I am using ditra for floors & kerdi for shower walls.Which type trowels should i use for each application .Schluter have given trowel info about adhering their product to substrate but i cannot choose trowels for the tiling , the more i read the more choices there seems to be .Also I have been given a couple of second hand trowels but dont know how to measure what size they are ? Is their any online handbook out there to match trowel shape & depth, to size of tile & type of substrate ?? any help at all please . thanks

2020Tiling

hi m8! i no its a daft question but wen u or anyone else for that matter say skim the back of the tile , do you mean lightly skim the back of the tile like 2mm worth of addy ? or serrate the back with the trowel as you would also do with the floor/wall ? sorry if iam sounding rediculous . also while on the subject of rediculous questions ! (flat bed trowels) ? iam i right in thinking this is the square noched ones ? not half circle ones if you no wot i mean ! :lol:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to trowels for porcelain wall & floor tiles..confused & worn out in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB