UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Two different floor sub but same level? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Y

yarwood

Hi everone,

I have been a member for a while now, but any questions i have had i've been able to answer by looking through the mass of previous threads. Hope you don't mind!
I have got a floor to tile with limestone tiles, not sure what the customer has got yet. It is a ground floor room roughly 35 m2 without ufh. 2/3rd of the floor is an original concrete slab, the other 1/3 is a wooden floor. The joists are 450mm centres, and the chippy has screwed 18mm plyboard down. The hole floor area is now level.
The question is, where the two floors meet, do you think this will crack. What would be the best approch. Has anyone come across this before?
Any help would be great.

Many Thanks

Tim

Y

yarwood

Thanks for quick replys,

This sounds like a conclusive answer. Ta The grout colour will be mapei 130 jasmin, can i get an expansion joint to match this colour?

Do you think that 18mm plyboard will be sufficient to tile ontop of, with limestone, or do i need to double ply?

Forgot to mention, the whole area will have a de-coupling membrane.

Thanks so much for all your help, experiance takes so long a gain.

S

Spud

Thanks for quick replys,

This sounds like a conclusive answer. Ta The grout colour will be mapei 130 jasmin, can i get an expansion joint to match this colour?

Do you think that 18mm plyboard will be sufficient to tile ontop of, with limestone, or do i need to double ply?

Forgot to mention, the whole area will have a de-coupling membrane.

Thanks so much for all your help, experiance takes so long a gain.
schluter dilex peach colour is the closest

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Two different floor sub but same level? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
I'm embarking on tiling a kitchen, wall-to-wall (under washing machine etc). most of the floor...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.