Discuss Two small bathrooms to do in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

WHID to?

Just want to make sure I am heading off in the right direction with this one. Sisters top floor flat - so its gotta be right.

At the moment they are carpeted but the doors open outwards so no height issues just need to make some thresholds to fit once the tiles are chosen. Green chip board under very thick carpet and underlay and the floor is rigid. The rooms are funny old shapes but here's what I am thinking.

Side of bath/shower surrounds off

Overboard the chip board with ply (prime side and backs of the sheets first), plenty of screws after adding a more screws to the chip board if required.

Select suitable bagged adhesive dependent on tiles chosen and tile.

Grout and then silicon edges.

New tiled bath panel or replace existing depending on her budget.

Missed anything? Any advice for my first floor?

D

DHTiling

Just want to make sure I am heading off in the right direction with this one. Sisters top floor flat - so its gotta be right.

At the moment they are carpeted but the doors open outwards so no height issues just need to make some thresholds to fit once the tiles are chosen. Green chip board under very thick carpet and underlay and the floor is rigid. The rooms are funny old shapes but here's what I am thinking.

Side of bath/shower surrounds off

Overboard the chip board with ply (prime side and backs of the sheets first), plenty of screws after adding a more screws to the chip board if required.

Select suitable bagged adhesive dependent on tiles chosen and tile.

Grout and then silicon edges.

New tiled bath panel or replace existing depending on her budget.

Missed anything? Any advice for my first floor?

If the chipboard is solid enough , my preference would be hardi backer 250... a lot more moisture and thermaly stable than plywood.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Two small bathrooms to do in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am in the middle of renovating my bathroom. First of its kind for me! The walls were...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster. I’ve recently moved in to a new build property...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB