Discuss typical..plaster over tile in my own bathroom!! in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

it might surprise a few people but knauf betakontact was a primer with an aggragate in it, designed specifically for plastering over tiles.

it was an acryllic primer with something similar to silver sand in it. when applied, it did create a strong bond to the tile and the plaster had something to grip. Most people apply it to artex ceilings now.

so there you go, you learn something new every day on here ;0)

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

it might surprise a few people but knauf betakontact was a primer with an aggragate in it, designed specifically for plastering over tiles.

it was an acryllic primer with something similar to silver sand in it. when applied, it did create a strong bond to the tile and the plaster had something to grip. Most people apply it to artex ceilings now.

so there you go, you learn something new every day on here ;0)
here one for artex ceilings paste with wallpaper paste for anaglipter keep wet for a couple of hours then just scrape off .it will just peal away

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to typical..plaster over tile in my own bathroom!! in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
I started removing the tiles in my bathroom today and the majority of the plaster has come off...
Replies
Views
Tikkaaa
T
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB