Discuss U/F heating mat question. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jollyroger

Wedi tray and Wedi board on the walls. All the tanking looked good, however, the self adhesive waterproof tape around the perimeter of the tray had de-bonded from the tray itself. Not sure if the heating has caused this.
Water has got under the tape and leaked onto the ceiling below. The tiling was a joke, 600mm x 300mm porcelain tiles all dot dabbed to the floor. Tiler has only cut 3 of the diagonal envelope cuts and didn't bother with the 4th, unbelievable.
Point is, all the tanking looked good apart from the tape de-bonding and I wonder if the heating might have caused it to de-bond from the tray.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to U/F heating mat question. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have installed a wetroom form (the style below). I have removed the floorboards and lowered...
Replies
Views
I am sure someone will know a good practice solution. We started a wetroom last year and then...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a stone resin shower tray which I am planning to remove (with a due sense of...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB