UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss UFH and tiling before boiler is installed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

JCTucker

Hi

First post, so please bear with me!

We have just had an extension to our house built, together with some renovation and have wet underfloor heating in the extension and some of the existing rooms.

A sand cement screed was laid 3 weeks ago in two living rooms and a utility room. The living rooms can wait (as one is carpet and the other engineered oak), but I am facing a bit of a chicken and egg situation with the utility room.

The new utility room will have a new floor standing boiler on it, together with a hot water tank in a large cupboard along one wall. The utility is fairly small with (3m x 3m). I will be tiling the utility and plan on tiling with slate (max size 300mm x 600mm) and would really like to get the tiles under where the boiler and tank are going to be, and plumber is waiting for this to happen before he gets the boiler in, and therefore commission the UFH.

So from what I understand the order of events would normally be to commission the UFH after 3 weeks, and then once back to ambient temperature, tile the floor, but we can’t commission until the boiler is in!

So what I think I’ll do is to tile just the areas where the boiler and tank are going to be, and then he can get in and put the boiler in, and we can proceed as normal.

I assume you’d also recommend a decoupling membrane as well?

Thanks for your help

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to UFH and tiling before boiler is installed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.