Discuss UFH how long till turn on? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

RickyLee53

Hello,

I have just tiled my downstairs toilet with electric UFH cable/mat.

The tiles are travetine, laid with flexible rapid setting adhesive ontop of 10mm tile backer board, which is in turn laid the same way on the concrete subfloor. (concrete is years old)

I'm yet to seal or grout the floor.

I have read a week, then turn up the heat a couple of degree's per day. Is this needed? I'm eager to test it as I have a 45sq m kitchen diner to do using the same method if it works ok.

Regards
Ricky

R

RickyLee53

Hello,

Sorry I worded it wrong. I'm more interested in, how long the floor takes to warm with just 10mm insulation and how effective it is at heating the room. The adhesive didn't actually say anything about it. It just said suitable for UFH, on the heating box it said 7 days. But wasn't sure if this was just when using SLC.

Thanks for the advice on the 100w mat. Although I thought it mainly altered the warmup time and not so much the overall power consumption. That is the part that concerns me most with so little insulation.

Thanks.

U

Uheat - Keith

100w/m2 system against 160m/w2 system.
If installed on insulation boards use the 160w/m2 system.
If you set at 22 deg C, the 100w/m2 system will stay on longer to get to the 22 deg C, if a 160w/m2 system, time taken will be shorter, approx same power used.

Running Costs -
The calculation of running costs at best can only be approximate. The actual cost will depend on a number of considerations and are determined by many different factors.

• User preferences
  • Temperature and switch on time set points
  • Insulation values of the properties
  • Cost of energy

1000 watt of any heating system = 1 unit of electric.. Most systems run between 1/3 and 2/3 of time added into a programmable controller, depending upon factors as above and the following:
· Temperature you set room at.
· Temperature you set floor sensor.
· Times you set into the programmable thermostat.
· Doors & Windows left open or closed (Warm air goes to coldest areas first)

Hope that is of some help, warm regards, Keith

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to UFH how long till turn on? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Okay so I'm going to start the ball rolling. I'd like the forum to be handy for all, including...
Replies
Views
R
Newbie here and excuse if I sound too dumb. I am planning for electric UFH in my new Kitchen...
Replies
Views
Uheat - Keith
U
B
I'm hoping for some professional advice on what to do with my new Limstone tiled floor - I'm at...
Replies
Views
J
Hi, I've fitted UFH under tiles a few weeks ago now but have yet to turn it on. My instructions...
Replies
Views
T
Hi all, new here so hope you can bear with me. Have already read loads of posts that partly...
Replies
Views
tennisnut
T
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB