Discuss UFH in a wet room in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

manic duck

Hi guys,

My customer has changed the goal posts half way through the project.

He now wants a UFH matt installed in the wet room I am working on.

This is the first time I have been asked to put in UFH (have escaped for years!!)

Have read that a lot of guys use Self levelling compound to avoid damaging the cable.

Sounds like a good idea to me!

Could anyone give me a clue as to a type/ brand that would be best for this job?

The underlying substrate is a mixture of Chipboard and WBP plywood with 6mm Hardibacker both glued and screwed on top.

The tiles will be 600mm * 300mm Porcelain with flex slow set adhesive (probably Topps)

I would presume I will need a latex SLC but anything else I need to check for??

Many thanks

Manic Duck

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to UFH in a wet room in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views
Hi guys A little advice if possible I have a bathroom 2.6 x1.9 on joists 18” gaps New weyroc...
Replies
Views
Forgive me for I am noob... I have a 9m x 9m floor area that is one space, but half is a new...
Replies
Views
Good evening to all. I’m here this evening looking for some advice if you would be so kind...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on final floor buildup. We're installing a shower tray...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
UFH in a wet room
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.