UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss UFH, Marmox & SLC Help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Today i will be fitting warmup electric UFH onto Marmox tile backer boards. I will be covering the UFH with Everbuild 710 Self Level Levelflex to raise the floor by 5mm and protect the heating elements.

I have spoken to Everbuild about sub-floor preperation and they recomend PVA primering the marmox boards and applying the self level whilst the PVA is still tacky. Obviously i have to fit a 6m2 UFH mat before the SLC so i'm not sure how this will work?

As stated Everbuild only recommended the primer, so my question is can i skip this and simply make sure the Marmox boards are free of dust etc and apply direct?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to UFH, Marmox & SLC Help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I’m nearly there with a bathroom tiling Project and managed to make it this far before getting...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
Morning all, I have been given the opportunity to quote for a 110m floor in a chevron pattern...
Replies
Views
I would very much appreciate the advice of anyone who has fitted Marmox boards as I have decided...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.