Discuss ufh piped in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

stephenoneill

got 70 meters to do with 60#60 porcelain. client hasnt got the budget to use ditra .so will prime floor first.back butter all tiles.with flexible adhesive..flex joint .use expansion gaps at all the doors.leave the tiles for 2 weeks before turning on heating at 5 degrees every day should be ok .sand cement screed has been laid for 2months now.will do a final humidity test before starting.plomber has certified the ufh.anything ive missed cheers guys

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Yep, has the heating been commissioned prior to fixing ? And has the client got it in the budget to replace the floor when it lifts, and imho, it will.

EDIT just re-read it, expansion at doors, what area's are we talking about, how many rooms and what sizes ?
whats inportant here is that before screed was laid the pipes were put under 5 bar pressure and kept there intill the screed set .at 5 bar they would have exspanded more than they would when the system is running at 2 to 3 bar hot .very simple realy .when you think about it you have left room for the exspansion
before you start

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
whats inportant here is that before screed was laid the pipes were put under 5 bar pressure and kept there intill the screed set .at 5 bar they would have exspanded more than they would when the system is running at 2 to 3 bar hot .very simple realy .when you think about it you have left room for the exspansion
before you start
The standard actually says 6bar or the maximum operating pressure for the system, whichever is higher. I am constantly surprised by how often screeds, both sand cement and anhydrite, are laid over unpressurised pipes. I am also surprised how many think pressurising with air rather than water is acceptable. It isn't.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to ufh piped in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views
How long do you think it will take to dry out this screed? Been down 90 days, 50mm thick so...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
S
I am a customer not a tiler! My architect wants to lay limestone tiles directly on to the...
Replies
Views
Sometimes work has been hard, sometimes frustrating, stressful etc. But i can't remember the...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
S
Any body fixed tiles over this...Got the spec sheet In front of me and a bit nervous of tiling...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB