Discuss Ultracolour plus or microflex & Dow Corning or Mapesil? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

champ222

Afternoon all.

Tiled the kitchen splash back at the weekend with a creamy coloured tile. Looking to grout this weekend hopefully, and i'm we are thinking white grout (protected with LTP grout sealer spray).

Now, I need to choose grout and silicone.

I was going to go for mapei ultracolour plus in white, but then I heard it wasn't very white (which would be fine if it was a bit cream, but not to much if its a touch grey) also, I already have a tube of Dow corning 785 in white, but if I go with the mapei, and since its a bit off white, would I get a better colour match if I went with the matching mapesil?

Also, we have used 1mm spacers with the tiles, and the mapei states for gaps from 2-20mm.

Or

I could go for BAL microflex in white (if I can find some locally, can get the ultracolour from screwfix) which doesn't state a minimum gap, also would it be whiter? and therefore a better match to the Dow corning 785?

What would you do? is either easier to use than the other? (for a noob like me)

Thanks guys

T

TJ Smiler

You cant go wrong with Webber, Ardex or DowCorning all are good. Hate Mapei, it comes out the tube like water and is slightly off colour (like their grout). Webber and Ardex have a wide colour range so you should find what your after with them. Personally dont like any of this micro stuff that Bal bang on about, there old Bal silicone stuff was lovely but as always with Bal they decided to over spec and over price.

Q

Qwerty

You cant go wrong with Webber, Ardex or DowCorning all are good. Hate Mapei, it comes out the tube like water and is slightly off colour (like their grout). Webber and Ardex have a wide colour range so you should find what your after with them. Personally dont like any of this micro stuff that Bal bang on about, there old Bal silicone stuff was lovely but as always with Bal they decided to over spec and over price.

You must be using old or dodgy tubes of Mapesil as I have never heard, seen or experienced any issues with white. It matches Dow Corning white perfectly.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Ultracolour plus or microflex & Dow Corning or Mapesil? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Newbie posting for the first time here, but have enjoyed reading all your helpful...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB