Discuss Ultraplan Renovation screed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rolandk

Hi,
having realised that the Ardex floor Level SLC I had is no good to cover UFH cables I've now ordered Mapei Renovation Screed. (Very competitively priced!)
A couple of questions please.....
I have the cables not the matting so will the cables tend to float to the top? If so is it OK to tape down the whole length of the cables?
Also the data sheet says to mix 17-18% parts water per 100 parts by weight of Ultraplan Ren. Screed? Translation please! :lol:

Cheers,
Roland

R

Rolandk

Hi,
well this weekend I laid the UFH cables and covered with 6mm of the Renovation screed. As a DIY'er I have to say it's a brilliant product, easy to use and good result even for a novice! First I stuck a 25-30mm strip of the 6mm Marmox around he perimeter on top of the boards already laid, that it gave me a level to work to and kept the SLC where I wanted it and kept the expansion gaps. Checking the floor next day with a long level it looks fine but a couple of high spots (about 3mm) which might be a problem for the large 600x300 tiles. Can I grind them down a bit or what would you suggest?

Thanks
Roland

D

DHTiling

a bit of info for anyone who wants a translation as in the case above. 1kg of water equals 1ltr (as near as makes any difference). So use 18centilitres(cl) (in this case) of water for every Kg of addy, so if mixing complete 25kg bag at 18 parts to 100 parts by weight, 18 x 25 = 450cl = 4.5ltrs.

Hi,
Thanks for the replies. When I was asking about the translation I forgot 1 ltr water = 1 Kg! (School lessons were a long long time ago!) Indeed I've been using 4.25 - 4.5 ltr per 25kg bag. It actually says that on the bag but not in the Tech. sheet I was looking at.

I'll GENTLY rub down the high spots as the thought of damaging a cable........ Arrrgh! :thumbsdown:

Cheers,

Roland

Always follow the mixing instructions on the bag.. not all 20kg or 25 kg bags need same amount of water.. depends on the polymers and sand used... always check.:)

R

Rolandk

Hi again,

just about to move on to the tiling using Keraquick. Just noticed in the info sheet that it recommends using it with Latex for UFH. As I have UFH in the SLC below would I need to do this? Was hoping water was OK here. I have used the latex where I put the marmox over chipboard (plus screwed it down) but used water else where. What would be advice from you guys? I don't really want to spend more on the latex unless really necessary,
Thanks,

Roland

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Ultraplan Renovation screed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

J
Mapei Ultraplan Renovation Screed is quite new to me, but what primer sticks to IT... - Mapei...
Replies
Views
julian2000
J
J
Hi all, first time poster here. last week I laid loose wire UFH on top of cement insulation...
Replies
Views
Jimwilts
J
V
Hi can you tell me if I have to prime tilemate boards (similar to marmox board) when using Mapei...
Replies
Views
Mark S
M
Hello I'm a new member so please be gentle. I'm tiling a small bathroom floor I,ve got a problem...
Replies
Views
P
Ok so on the bag it States: 17-18% parts water per 100 parts by weight of Screed, As its my...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Ultraplan Renovation screed
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.