Discuss Uncalabrated slate finish in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Hampshire
As andy, impregnate once all moisture released prior to grouting, test your grout release, you can impregnate again if you want after the grout is fully dry, then if client would like a sheen you can apply a product to finish off or just leave as a Matt finish with the impregnator .

If you don't seal , it may bite you, it's a kitchen!! Oil and greases your client will thankyou for this application.

The best way to install uncalibrated slate in my opion is to sort out all the slate first from the thickest to the thinnest .
Then start tiling with the thickest slate that way you won't get many lips going down to the thinnest

good luck and just take your time slate fixing you can't hurry clean as you go.

Exactly as Swanman,
I use a 20mm U-Notched trowel for laying them, this will give you plenty of room to adjust height/level.

J

Just Rizzle

did one of these a few weeks back she got them from porceline direct worst slate i have ever seen varied from 20 mm to 6 mm in thickness and half the cuts were out of square was for a wet room floor
sorted the tiles out into thickest to thinest laid the thickest first of center line used the thin ones for shower area and surround as easier to cut bedded thiches on 12 mm bed and thin on 20mm bed customer loved it was hard work though always spread the back with mosaic trowel to anhance fixing

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Uncalabrated slate finish in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, New to the forum. Have a tiler coming in to do my floor tiles but don't think he's done a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’ve just crossed over from the plumbers forum for some tiling advice as I’m in the process...
Replies
Views
Hi, We washed our Indian slate floor with stone floor cleaner and whilst it has cleaned them...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, would like some advice. I'm currently tiling an ensuite. I'm using 60 x 30 tiles. I have...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB