Discuss under-tile ply minimum thickness in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jimbohotpants

I'll double check but I'm pretty sure the joists are only that big. I put some spotlights in the kitchen below and they nearly didn't fit; they're only 100mm deep! The rest of the house is different but this bit is the typical Victorian T extension to a terrace house.
I haven't tested for deflection (how do I do that?) but there is already a steel/enamelled bath in there so I think the floor will take the weight of a plastic one and tiles (I bloomin hope so!).
assuming the joists are sound, will it be ok to just use 18mm ply with noggins etc? I don't really fancy the 6mm boards if I can help it. What do you think?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to under-tile ply minimum thickness in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

If starting from joists, what subfloor would you use these days? 18mm Ply first and then a 6mm...
Replies
Views
Hello Folks, I need to sort my floor out before I can lay tiles on it so seeking advice from...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on final floor buildup. We're installing a shower tray...
Replies
Views
Hi Ive been browsing your forums over the years looking for guidance for odd tiling DIY tasks...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB