Discuss Under Wet Room Eletric in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

ageless

This isnt actually a tile question but its about a wet room I installed few weeks ago. I have a small toilet room underneath my wetvroom and there's a light pendant very near my drain in the tray. Now I know that this shouldn't leak but I'm looking at worst case as in if it ever does and someone is having a shower and it leaks onto the light pendant underneath.

This toilet room below has a normal ceiling pendant but if I change it to an IP rated ceiling light, would this stop any electrocution if worst case it leaks and comes in contact with the live wires or will I need additional safety.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

its not the volts that kill its the amps lighting on a mordern rcd resticts this to 5 amps might staiten your hair but wont kill you of coures inless you are standing in a bucket of water then then this should trip in 1ooth of a second so if you were relaxing in a bath full of water having a nice drink and the wife was having pmt and decided the bald old cout in the bath needed to borrow her hair dryer so though it in she would be let down yet again but theres always next mouth to look forward to .

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Under Wet Room Eletric in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, First time poster and tiler here. Hoping to get a bit of advice on tiling a wet room...
Replies
Views
Good evening to all. I’m here this evening looking for some advice if you would be so kind...
Replies
Views
E
I have a friend that's building a wet room at the moment. He doesn't want to use a formed tray...
Replies
Views
p4ulo
P
V
Just been to a well respected bathroom place with a fairly well formed plan of how to do my...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
Evening chaps.. Run a small company installing kitchens and bathrooms & have been asked to tile...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB