Discuss Underfloor heating controllers...advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Perfect Tiling

Hi all...heres my query. Have been to see a job today where the customer wants two zones of UFH laid (L shaped kitchen diner)...however he wants to have only one controller to control the two seperate zones. I normally use raychem, warmup or thermolay but they say the same as me...he needs two controllers. Has anyone come across a system that has a controller for multi zones. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Hi all...heres my query. Have been to see a job today where the customer wants two zones of UFH laid (L shaped kitchen diner)...however he wants to have only one controller to control the two seperate zones. I normally use raychem, warmup or thermolay but they say the same as me...he needs two controllers. Has anyone come across a system that has a controller for multi zones. Thanks. :thumbsup:

one controller two thermostats??

P

Perfect Tiling

Yep...this is what I told him. Sharing one sensor would just make it one zone and you cant put two sensors to a standard controller as it wouldn't be able to differentiate between them. CTD told me they had seen a controller that would do up to 6 zones (for seperate rooms) but it was VERY expensive. Will just have to tell customer. Also...on the same floor...his carpenter has put down 9mm ply and was coming tomorrow to paint the floor with fire retardant paint to stop the UFH setting fire to the floor....I have persuaded him to put down 10mm wedi insulation boards instead.

G

Gazzer

Yep...this is what I told him. Sharing one sensor would just make it one zone and you cant put two sensors to a standard controller as it wouldn't be able to differentiate between them. CTD told me they had seen a controller that would do up to 6 zones (for seperate rooms) but it was VERY expensive. Will just have to tell customer. Also...on the same floor...his carpenter has put down 9mm ply and was coming tomorrow to paint the floor with fire retardant paint to stop the UFH setting fire to the floor....I have persuaded him to put down 10mm wedi insulation boards instead.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Thanks Ajax...just been on the link you sent. They do multi zone controllers for water UFH but not for electric UFH. Will try calling Uheat and see what they say...will keep you posted.

woz worth a try......the other company worth a try might be Devi. They do loads of Electric heataing for large projects which will have different zones. Not sure if they do an over screed system for this though.

pjrich

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Ipswich
Hi,

We don't offer one thermostat that can control 2 zones, but we do have a system which has a central controller which can be used to control several thermostats / zones.

The central controller can at for one zone, so for 2 zones you would need a central controller + satelite controller. Each capable of controlling 16Amps. They are both wired as you would a normal floor heating thermostat. The central controller wirelessly controls the satelite controller.

Both controller look the same as our OCD4 thermostat which you can see here : Underfloor Heating | Electric | Thermostats | OCD4 1999 | Uheat

Prices are on application.

J

jackylu

Sharing one sensor would just make it one zone and you cant put two sensors to a standard controller as it wouldn't be able to differentiate between them
43.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Underfloor heating controllers...advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Tiling a new extension. Cement poured screed on piped underfloor heating. Heating has been...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
I'm a total tiling beginner having my kitchen/diner redone by builders. The dining area has a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, sorry for the clunky thread title... Just over a year ago we had a side...
Replies
Views
Had wet system UFH installed on a concrete subfloor to the whole ground floor ie living room...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Underfloor heating controllers...advice please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.