Discuss Underwater tile replacement. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Del W

TF
Arms
Canterbury
Hello all, can anybody reccomend an adhesive or silicone to use underwater to replace tiles on the steps of a swimming pool, also, is there such a thing as underwater grout ?

Have looked at "underwater magic" silicone... any good ?

Thanks.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Lol, in fairness no. But I have used it to glue in and seal a boss/socket (mihus a strape) to a galvanisied steel waste stack. Which was shared by another flat whose occupant, despite being told not to use any water, ran his washing machine and flush the loo.
I was fitting a shower room out in sheltered accommodation for the elderly. Ground floor flat. Had the shower tray in on a concrete base, had channeled out for the waste pipe and was just left with making the connection into the 4" waste.
We think the old fella upstairs was a little jealous. Because when we asked him not to use any water for 20 minutes, to whish he did agree. He then went and pretty much used every tap and service that used water.
4" waste was steel and the socket plastic. After cutting a hole into the steel and seeing quite a bit of water I had to think quite quickly. Cut the strap off the boss and glued the socket on with CT1.

Left it all ooen for a couole of days to make sure it was ok. Trust me it works. After a few days there was no was of getting it back off again. Stuck solid and sealled.

C

Concrete guy

Ardex used divers from the navy to fix broken tiles on the floor of a swimming baths. Believe it was x7 in a bag taken down and fixed - they then modified the example by putting the adhesive on the tile allowing it to slightly skin before going down and fixing! This was in 1978 during a water shortage (mainly in the south ) - we have Keilder Water up here.

That sounds very similar to the one I remember reading - but it was Navy Divers repairing a diving tank which couldn't be drained for similar reasons.

I also remember it being taken down in a bag - and back then it would have been X7, which is all I ever used until it became silly expensive.

P

Perry

Ardex used divers from the navy to fix broken tiles on the floor of a swimming baths. Believe it was x7 in a bag taken down and fixed - they then modified the example by putting the adhesive on the tile allowing it to slightly skin before going down and fixing! This was in 1978 during a water shortage (mainly in the south ) - we have Keilder Water up here.
been there a few times going back 25 years lol

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Underwater tile replacement. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB