Wall and Floor Tiling Standards BS 5385 Part 1 and 2 Bristish Standards, ISO Tile Fixing Standard.

Welcome to TilersForums.com, the place to discuss all tiling standards whether British Standards in Wall and Floor Tiling, BS5385, or ISO European Standards for Tile Fixing.

Tiling Standards

Wall and Floor Tiling Standards for the UK: British Standards in Tiling.

Discuss Uneven walls and weight limit? in the Tiling Standards area at TilersForums.com.

K

Kingsley's

Hello guys,

If you're presented with a job that has significantly uneven plastered walls and you're using porcelain (or any other heavy tile), how do fix them without exceeding the 20kgm2 weight limit? I'm familiar with BAL and Mapei thick bed adhesives, however I'm assuming these wouldn't be the answer as a deep bed behind the tile would surely give it an excessive weight?

This isn't a job I have infront of me, it's just a potential scenario that has been puzzling me and any info would be great so I can tackle that job when it does arrive.

Cheers :8:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Uneven walls and weight limit? in the Tiling Standards area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
G
Hi, sorry, I know this is a question asked a thousand times, but I can't find a clear enough...
Replies
Views
G
Hi all, I'm new to the forum so please forgive any silly questions, I've taken on rather a big...
Replies
Views
B
Ok, After 18 months, I am going to remove the plastic sheeting around the bath/shower and tackle...
Replies
Views
blue_max
B
S
Hi all, first post... So go easy ive been to look at a job today for customer having an...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB