Discuss Update and finished project pics in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Last week I posted the question of ;which way to lay plank effect tiles ! My dilemma was that was I to run an expansion joint across room and thru my random tile joints directly over a break in sub concrete floor where a previous extension had been made .. I thought the break through the tile bond would look a little weird ? As to tiling across the width of the room and thus creating an expansion joint within a full grout line not looking out of place . But on last weeks feedback from trusted tiler Lee ,, I was convinced to tile the correct way and tile down length of room .. I'm really pleased with the whole result and so is the customer of the chip shop floor .. here are some pics before n after .

IMG_2514.JPG IMG_2515.JPG IMG_2516.JPG IMG_2546.JPG IMG_2547.JPG IMG_2548.JPG IMG_2549.JPG

That's a very neat and professional looking job which has been done correctly. Well done :)!
Thanks Lee, yes im pleased with the outcome and yes it does blend in well and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb . But more importantly it's done correctly like you remarked ... no comebacks belts n braces job

O

Old Mod

Thanks Lee, yes im pleased with the outcome and yes it does blend in well and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb . But more importantly it's done correctly like you remarked ... no comebacks belts n braces job
Thanks for coming back to us Steve, it's good to know the forum works as it should.
Cracking looking job mate, hope to see you get more involved with he forum. :thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Update and finished project pics in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have a 12m x 4.5m extension with an 8m x 1.5 adjoining walkway separated by an expansion joint...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, sorry for the clunky thread title... Just over a year ago we had a side...
Replies
Views
Hi, a long time since I have been here but back for some advice/reassurance ! About to tile my...
Replies
Views
Hi Ive been browsing your forums over the years looking for guidance for odd tiling DIY tasks...
Replies
Views
Plank tiles 120x20 On the kitchen they shall be laid across the length of the floor but unsure...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB