Discuss Update on the two wet room floor re-tile jobs in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Started the first of two today.
floor came up easy, they were spotted and had only stuck to the underfloor heating mat!
the shower walls had been tanked with a product like mapei ( but black) .but unfortunately the wire from the underfloor thermostat came out not the tray! And the tanking was missing here.
The shower area was 900 x 1400mm, but the tray had been cut don to 800x1200, with only an 800mm area cut with falls.
also the wedi board tray was not stuck down!
here are some pics from today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 65

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Today's update.
wedi board tray in. Insulation boards down. Tanked, underfloor heating in and self levelled, ready for tiling tomorrow.
would have rather removed all the shower area tiles and fully tanked. But the insurance wouldn't pay! So it's 10inch up from the tray. Better than nothing.

and before anyone asks, I have screwed the boards down this time!:lol:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 67
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Update on the two wet room floor re-tile jobs in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB