Discuss Urgent help please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pugulika

Hi Guys,

I'm new on here and have been picking up lots of great tips so far but think i may have screwed up so very much hope you can help.

I have a kitchen floor to tile which is part floor boards and part concrete so after making sure the floorboards were pretty solid i have laid 18mm ply down over the whole lot, screwing stright into the floorboards and drilling and screwing down into the concrete to get everything nice and solid. I hope that is ok so far or should i have ply'd the floorboards and screeded the concrete?

However, i picked up the adhesive today (BAL Single Part Flexible) and it says on the back to use exterior ply. Figuring it was an interior floor and not in a bathroom or anything i have used normal spruce ply. Is this a problem and if so what is the solution?

It took me all day to cut the ply round all the strange recesses and shapes this kitchen has so really don't want to have to take it up and wast £150 worth of ply if i can help it.

Any advise very gratefully received,

Martin

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pugulika

Ok Thanks for all your help guys. I just had a look on the Wickes website and it says it can be used for interior and exterior so i think i got lucky. Just out of interest, if both can be used for exterior, what's the difference between them??

Deano, thanks for the suggestion but, being a bit of a newb i have to confess i've never heard of an uncoupling membrane. What is it and how do you apply it?

Thanks

Reply to Urgent help please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Urgent help please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.