Discuss Use of Ditra Matting in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I have just looked at a job where the customer has a solid floor, wants u/f heating and limestone or travertine tiles.
I was going to lay insulation boards, then Ditra followed by heating (self levelling) then tile.
Would this be acceptable or overkill, as floor is solid.
I've read that some tilers put the Ditra matting on top of the heating.
Is there a right way of doing this sort of job - please discuss

P

Protilers

Hello mate......I will play devils advocate.....

so.......please could you define "solid".......for us all?

secondly...limestone and travertine are the softest of all sedimentry stones........therfore they need to be potected from expansion and contraction....
insulation boards are related to u/f.....but a decoupler can come before or after the heat mat........and in some instances an insualation board can act as a decoupler!!!!

hope you are now clear........best of luck with your job.......

all the best and nite nite.......

Lee

C

Colour Republic

I have just looked at a job where the customer has a solid floor, wants u/f heating and limestone or travertine tiles.
I was going to lay insulation boards, then Ditra followed by heating (self levelling) then tile.
Would this be acceptable or overkill, as floor is solid.
I've read that some tilers put the Ditra matting on top of the heating.
Is there a right way of doing this sort of job - please discuss

The ditra on top of the UFH would be my choice.

Ditra can be layed either above or below the heat mat however it is more effective when used above the UFH

so

Insulation
UFH
SLC (I assume this is electric UFH?)
Ditra
Tile

This is how we recommend it:

ufh-&-ci-matting-build-up.jpg

1, Subfloor
2, UFH Matting
3, Flexible Leveller, Then SPF Adhesive to stick 4
4, Dural CI++ Matting
5, SPF Adhesive
6, Lovely Tiles!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Use of Ditra Matting in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping for some advice.... Had a anhydrite screed laid early Feb. Looking at laying 20mm...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
I have a customer who lives in a 200 year old property. The lounge floor he wants tiled which...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB