Currently reading:
Using an AAV for washing machine waste trap Discussion Thread

While we have you, why don't you checkout our Plumbing Advice forum PlumbersForums.net

Discuss Using an AAV for washing machine waste trap Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Using an AAV for washing machine waste trap Discussion Thread

Hi
We have a small utility cupboard for a washing machine with a standard washing machine waste kit installed as shown. Excuse my poor draughtsmanship. For complicated reasons we need to raise the floor as shown but this means we obviously need to raise the washing machine waste trap.

The shaded area is how the team of builders that built the bathroom section, which is an extension on a beam and block floor, left things. I am not precisely sure of the below ground arrangement but they did put in the soil stack as shown. There is a shower and w c not shown. The w. machine waste actually joins up with the shower waste before joining the soil pipe.

Then the plumber took over and installed the washing machine waste kit.

After researching for issues of self siphoning etc before I raise the P trap it looked as though the installation is more of an S trap than a P trap due to the downward bend immediately after the P trap. In fact if I raise the P trap as I mean to, just by a few inches, there will be an additional step, I don't see any other way of doing it.

But in any case it seems to me there should be a local AAV just after the P trap. Is that correct? But I can't find any washing machine waste kits that incorporate one.

Using an AAV for washing machine waste trap for the original thread on Plumbers Forums

Reply to Using an AAV for washing machine waste trap Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

B
  • Article
Hot water and waste in detached garage conversion Discussion Thread Hi, One of my client has a detached garage with access to electricity and cold water. The plan is to convert it to a granny...
Replies
Views
Blogissimmo
B
M
  • Article
Can I move toilet waste pipe above decorative moulding outside front door Discussion Thread Hi I have a problem about waste pipe positioned over the front door A bathroom was turned into a 3rd...
Replies
Views
Michael P
M
M
  • Article
Obstructed pipe q can I Reposition toilet pipe Discussion Thread Hi I have a problem about waste pipe positioned over the front door A bathroom was turned into a 3rd bedroom. The toilet and sink...
Replies
Views
Michael p
M
J
  • Article
Purpose of vent under sink? Discussion Thread There are bad smells that come from my sink drain when I run water. On inspecting (undoing) the U-bend trap, there is no debris or anything in...
Replies
Views
Jimmy8127
J
G
  • Article
Leaking shower valve set Discussion Thread I have a dripping shower valve. I have take away the face plate and at a complete loss at what to do. There's currently a bag sitting over it which isnt...
Replies
Views
G
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Tilers Community
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

TF on Facebook

Thanks for visiting the original Tilers Community.