Discuss using different colour grouts on the same wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rich

I dont think you will be able to get a very good finish grouting it all in one hit mate, they will bleed together. If it isnt much cream, you could grout in black, let it dry off then cut the joints to be grouted in cream out with a knife and go back to grout in at a later date. You will have to be sooo careful tho or you will end up with grey patches.

What grout are you thinking of using?

J

johnryan

i used 2 grouts on this one, where the owner wanted black grout with the black border, and white with the white tiles;
wigmore 18.jpg
i just did the black first, then put electrical tape over the black border, then grouted the white, with extra care by the border. i let the black dry very well first though, and didn't seem to get any bleeding into it from the white. was a bit fiddly though.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
'tis easy mate. Grout one colour, let it start to go off and use a rubi wedge to trim the grout where you want it. once dry grout the other colour - I used to mask up but found it did little good.
I always use Mapei ultra colour plus and any staining washes off.

P2270118.jpg

Last edited:

Reply to using different colour grouts on the same wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi any advice on what would go with what. I've layed off white tiles on floor with grey...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Our tiler has done a really amazing job with our kitchen flooring, but has used a...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
using different colour grouts on the same wall
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.