Discuss Using Epoxy Grout for the first time? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

rich is a big fan of epoxy grout. i'm sure he'll be along later to advise you.

And the Spanish tiler... :)

But this is probably the most comprehensive advice given by Trusted Advisor member Rich, I copied and pasted it for you to save you having to find it :)

Get everything you need ready before you mix it up, I usually fill as many buckets with clean water as I can and as many clean sponges/emulsifying pads, wear gloves (I put on 3 pairs so that I can take a pair off at a time if I get it everywhere). The Kepapoxy Design is really nice to work with and doesnt feel that different to ultracolor plus but you may need to use a bit more pressure to fill the joints. When it starts to set, use plenty of water (epoxy is not affected by water as cement based grouts) and use the emulsifying pads in small circles to loosen the epoxy on the face of the tiles, dont take to much notice of the joints at this stage, you are just cleaning the face. The epoxy go milky white all over the tiles. You have a bit of time to breath here, when the epoxy in the joints starts to set off you can start washing off the white residue off using clean water and sponges (I tend to go over it a fair few times). When you are happy with the joints, give the entire thing a couple more washes off with the water and sponges to make sure you have removed all the epoxy from the face of the tiles. You might find that a few hours later the tiles look a bit smeary, this should be easy enough to remove with the emulsifying pad and more clean water.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chris Alderton

Hi everyone, many thanks for the advice so far. the epoxy grout is weber i think (it has not arrived on site yet), i saw the moasics briefly today, but did not take too much notice as i wont be putting them up until at least Tuesday next week. I will find out what they are on Monday and post it on here.

I think i will be buying some emulsifying pads this weekend.
I will keep you posted.
thanks again.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Using Epoxy Grout for the first time? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi any info on get rid of epoxy grout haze on natural stone would be much appreciated. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Using Epoxy Grout for the first time?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.