Discuss Using own van while employed? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
A fella on a builders books was telling me the other day that he loses about 3k a year for having a company van. Crazy.

You didn't used to get taxed for having a van but they brought that in a while back. The only way round it say for example, you drive to your employers in your own car or get bus whatever and only use the van from the employer to the place of work/site and back to employers, then your own transport. If you drive from home to site then its classed as personal mileage.

When I had a company car I was always out at customers and rarely went into office. When it came to filling in mileage forms, because I lived 7 miles away from work I had to deduct 14 per day off my total travel as that was my personal mileage to and from my place of work.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Using own van while employed? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, I havent been in the business of tiling long. With that being said as someone...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB