UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Using Weber powder adhesive for first time. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

joshtiler

Hi all, i have been reading this forum for weeks now and have learnt alot of things i was not taught. I get the impression that most of you are not fans of tubbed adhesives unless used for kitchens and tiles under 300x300 (and sometimes not even for them), i have read up on the benifits of cement based adhesives and have decided to make a permanent swap to powder adhesives. My local CTD are doing 20kg bags of Weber thick bed white adhesive for £12.99 and so i have grabbed some the job im doing now.
The walls are nearly all plaster apart from one small section which has been left bare aquaboard/plasterboard and i have primed all the rest with bal SBR but am wondering does the aquaboard/plasterboard need priming also? Is bal SBR suitable for the job?
Also is the Weber adhesive a good adhesive in your opinion? is it more difficult to use because of pot life being shorter that tubbed stuff?
Many Thanks.
Josh

J

joshtiler

Thanks alot sir ramic, that was what i thort but the guy in CTD said that the cement in the adhesive might react badly with the plasterboard and so it will need to be primed. Wanted to ask someone on here for a second opinion :)

Thanks peteablard for advice, i will definately do that, i have never used powder addy on walls before so im keen to give it a go. Seems the general opinion on here is that even the expensive tubbed addy is not as good as the powdered stuff (and powdered is cheaper)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Using Weber powder adhesive for first time. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Hope you are all having a fantastic Xmas. To cut a long story short I have installed...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.