Discuss UTR Card instead of CIS in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bluevin123

Hi,
I rang about a tiling job today in the Hertfordshire area on construction sites,and the fellow,asked do I have a CIS card,I dont, but he says you now need what they call a UTR card,which has replaced the CIS card.He gave me the inland revenue number,which I have not yet rang.
I wondered if any of you know much about these and how to obtain one.
Cheers in advance.
Vinnie.:huh2:

D

DHTiling

UTR number is the same number on your CIS card..

All it is for is when you sub contract the employer takes your UTR, then checks with tax office what rate of deduction you are on.. 20 % if you are registered with them and i think it is 30% or 35% if you have registered with tax office.( grumps will correct that)..

Any way.. UTR is just your tax reference number to give an employer who is subbing you in for work..

G

Gazzer

UTR number is the same number on your CIS card..

All it is for is when you sub contract the employer takes your UTR, then checks with tax office what rate of deduction you are on.. 20 % if you are registered with them and i think it is 30% or 35% if you have registered with tax office.( grumps will correct that)..

Any way.. UTR is just your tax reference number to give an employer who is subbing you in for work..

But not the last 3 digits....well mine isnt anyway

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Well, it has 18,000 views and not many replies so I think I thought I'd get some :lol:

I did a good search for old threads that we rank highly for and edited them a bit to be more current. But I kept finding just old threads that are dead, but still get lots of traffic so rather than a 'bump' I thought I'd just ask the odd daft question. Or something along those lines, it was late and I was knackered but on a roll and didn't want to stop lol

D

DHTiling

If you need to complete a tax return you may need your UTR number. A UTR number is a Unique Tax Reference number provided by the Inland Revenue. This article provides some answers to some common questions on the subject:
What is a UTR Number?
A UTR is a 10 digit, unique number provided by the Inland Revenue so that you can complete your tax return.
What is a UTR Number used for?
A UTR number is used to complete your tax return and is often used for correspondence with the Inland Revenue.
Where can I find my UTR Number?
You can find your UTR number on your Tax Return, a Notice to complete a Tax Return or on your Statement of Account. It can often also be found on other documation from the Inland Revenue but it will not be found on a notice of coding.
How do I get a UTR Number?
If you have not been given a UTR number already, you can contact your local tax office who will allocate one for you. You can find your local tax office using the Inland Revenue’s tax office locator tool.

Read more: UTR Number Inland Revenue UTR Number Inland Revenue

Reply to UTR Card instead of CIS in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
Hi guys and girls, I've been tiling for 12 years now, but i have never achieved or even thought...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, Been lurking around the forum for the last couple of days and began to feel a bit...
Replies
Views
B
i went to the tax office today to get a CIS card. they told me they had not issued a CIS card...
Replies
Views
The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
UTR Card instead of CIS
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.