Discuss V And B Copper Fleck Tiles Grouting in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hillian

Hi Guys, think I made a boo boo.
I've put up about 15 sq.m. of 600 x 300 V and B porcelain tiles that are textured and have a copper fleck in them. I think maybe I left it too long after applying before washing off, and ended up with a grout residue over the tiles. I washed them off again, buffed up with a dry cloth, but still there.
In desperation I had some HG limex efflorescence cleaner in the van, so I dabbed this over the tiles with a cloth and then washed it off after about 5 minutes.
All looked well when I left, but a few days later they have now turned blue. I've been back and washed them off loads of times but now the copper flecks have disappeared and the customer is very upset and wants it redone.
Any ideas or advice on what I should have done, or can do please.

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Hampshire
The acidic based product has possibly oxidised with the copper flec and possibly disolved /attacked this leaving the blue trace, a mild alkaline could have been tested as this can break down the grout residue by making the polymer water soluble and release ,rather than attacking the cementisiouse part with an acid. I know this is to late now , do you have some pics as it is now . Perhaps we can reverse the chemical reaction , or has it removed them fully. Did you rinse the tiles after use the product and cloth.

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Hampshire
I think the importance of testing products, I know this took a few days to contaminate.
I test any cleaner on a spare tile, this is not contaminated the same as your floor , but can show you results of damage to the tile itself if an incorrect cleaner is chosen. Alway clean half a spare tile, then you can compare after this is rinsed and dried. If you don't have a spare, as a restorer I take off kick boards and test under units, if you can't get to these hidden tiles , find the most discreet area possible for a tile test.

Also If you use cleaning products call the tech lines for the manufacturer you use , numbers generally on the bottle . before use, a quick call and you can discuss suitability of tile and cleaner, the technicians from all company's will have experience with most tile situations, I promise you ,you won't be the first to ask and it's best to check for any situation ,that's what we are there for.

As above , metal flec tiles , I tend to use a mild alkaline which can break polymer ,with a white pad. Caution !!! Alkaline can also effect these tiles. All about the testing

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to V And B Copper Fleck Tiles Grouting in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Work Done Epoxy grout was installed by the Grouting company on the tiles on the external balcony...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB