Discuss Van lease? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Concrete guy

Leasing is more viable if you're vat registered, if you're not forget it.

The thing with vans though unlike cars, is the residual values can be very strong indeed.

A £12k van can often be still worth £8k or £9k at three years old, even with 60K miles on it.

Say you buy at £12K and sell at £8K at 3 years old, the vehicle has cost you £4K for three years running, no MOT required, no repair costs as it's all warranty covered.

Now compare that to leasing. You'd need to find something less than £120 a month to get the same 3 year cost.

This is the important thing when looking at funding a vehicle, don't look at the month figure, look at the term cost, i.e what it costs you for a fixed period. If you intend to change it every 2 or 3 years then buying can be substantially cheaper.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Van lease? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB