UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Van leasing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

stusgsx

Hi everyone.
I currently own my van and have done for the past 5 years but now the mileage is over 150k and it doesn't drive as nice as it used to so I've been looking to replace.
I have tried applying for finance and a loan but both got declined. Im guessing it is because ive not really built up a credit rating as I don't use a credit card etc. however I have had finance before and I am a home owner.
So now looking at leasing (if I'm not rejected)
What is the best option or should I stick to trying to purchase outright?

D

Deleted member 9966

Hi everyone.
I currently own my van and have done for the past 5 years but now the mileage is over 150k and it doesn't drive as nice as it used to so I've been looking to replace.
I have tried applying for finance and a loan but both got declined. Im guessing it is because ive not really built up a credit rating as I don't use a credit card etc. however I have had finance before and I am a home owner.
So now looking at leasing (if I'm not rejected)
What is the best option or should I stick to trying to purchase outright?

Stusgsx
I've leased cars in the past. The idea of paying a monthly payment and having all bills (except insurance) rolled into one payment was great... when I was living the high life and could afford it. The rental for the vehicle, repair and maintenance, and road tax was all one payment and I got a great spec car for £275 a month.

From a business point of view, leasing is good because of all those reasons and because there's only that payment for your vehicle meaning you've got a better a chance of managing your finances without having to worry about paying for repairs and maintenance out of your own pocket. If you google vehicle leasing it should give you more information about how it affects your business accounts, usually in a good way. My husband used to work for a leasing broker and knows more about it than I do, but you can talk to any lease company and find out whether it's a good or bad idea for your business at this time.

The only downsides with a leased vehicle is, you're responsible for it's state when it goes back. You'll do your level best to look after it for the term of the lease but the minute it gets dented or scratched, you know you'll be in for a bill from the lease company to make the vehicle 'good' again. Plus some lease companies will levy charges for damage that you know nothing about. They tried to blame my husband for a big hole in the top of his windscreen on his last lease car, thankfully, he'd taken photo's of the windscreen on the day the lease company had it back. It turns out somebody at the auction place had been digging at a chip to make it look worse.

Think long and hard about vehicle leasing. If the benefits outweigh the negatives, then you should go for it.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Van leasing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone thanks for having me on the this forum ill try not to break any rules. I am diyer...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
hi all bit of a long shot i know but is anyone looking for a adult apprentice around glasgow...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.