Discuss van sign writing! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

garretridge

always think its a good thing to advertise either in local paper or on your van and it shows it works. i was working this week with another tiler rush job full house 2 bathrooms and ground floor had to be tiled in a week both of us are fairly quick and workmanship is of the same quality but he has a van with no signage on it were as mine has loads it didnt cost much £140 for the lot but it has paid for its self 20 times over.i asked him why he dose not advertise he said he has been tiling 24 years and has not needed to until now very little work on at the minute, sad because heard his phone call from the missis giving of about there phone being cut of because he couldnt pay the bill.my van and his is parked outside the house the door has been knocked twice from neighbours looking the tiler Ian with the van Tiling Solutions on it i have quoted two jobs and got them both so it goes to show a little outlay on signage pays dividends so all you newbies get your van signage as soon as you can! I have give the other tiler a kitchen floor and splashback to do on one of the jobs as us tilers need to stick together through hard times! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Yeah, said this the other day in a lengthy thread, unless it would loose you work from those who sub to you, then it's a no-brainer IMO, get the van sign written before the tools even go in the back!

And nice one for sharing the work load mate. Don't do it too much if it doesn't come back though! Swings and roundabouts or no playground at all. :)

Reply to van sign writing! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
We had our kitchen tiled last week and we're not at all happy with the work. The tiles aren't...
Replies
Views
I see and hear all to often of the horror stories when someone hires a supposed tiler only to...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m not an experienced tradesperson by any means, so wanted to pose a question on...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
van sign writing!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.