UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Vardis forresters fund for children SCAM advertising in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

stottey

scam VARDIS KEEP WELL AWAY

In November I started advertising on yell.com.
A week later, I received a call from Vardis offering me discounted advertising in a magazine produced for the foresters fund for children. At £90 for a year’s advertising, I thought it a good idea, (would cost me that a month in local newspapers).
I was informed that the magazine would be delivered to businesses and homes all over Lancashire, and that i would be given 6 copies once published. I agreed to the deal at the time, thinking that Foresters fund for children would be getting the larger percentage of my fee. They also told me that payment would be due no earlier than three months after the publishing of the magazine.
I tried contacting them at the beginning of June, as the draft advert they sent me, had several errors. It took eight days to get hold of them.
I have since received one copy of the magazine, and 9 letters invoicing me for £90+vat, (no vat registration number on the invoice). I have done some checking over the last couple of months, but noone I have spoken to has ever heard of Vardis, or foresters fund for children. Today I received a message from yell.com, informing me that I am not the only business they have approached, and they advise contact with either trading standards, or the police, should they have any problems with vardis or crown debt collection.

also i found this on a blogger.com

cdr This is the same company as Vardis. Crown Debt Recovery only recover owed to Vardis; although the debts themselves are very debatable.

Ignore the fancy letterhead. It is the same people working from the same place!

Do NOT send any money to these people if you don't believe you agreed to a contract with Vardis.

CDR This is not a real company. It is merely a name and letterhad used by Vardis to chase their 'debts' from their unsolicited invoices.

Do not be fooled by their letterhead with PO Box No an '0871' phone number. It comes from the same office address as Vardis, and the exact same people.

IGNORE ANYTHING RECEIVED FROM "CROWN DEBT RECOVERY".

i was had by them and payed £415 for the advert and printing cost and fees...because i thought i was Going to court and didnt want bad credit so please dont be fooled like me....:mad2:

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Colour Republic

I've had two calls like this over the last couple of years. Last year I got a call saying "Hi Mr (insert name) we spoke to you some months ago regarding (insert some child protection agency), The books have now been published and we wondered which school you would like us to send them to, or if you would like us to choose one for you" The first time I got a call I asked them to remind me who they were, they then went in to detail about how I agreed to 'sponsor' some charity and my name would appear in some book for children that get to advise them on 'Stranger Danger'. I told them I still didn't remember and could they send my some info in the post, nothing turned up.

Then they called me back a few weeks later with the same story, I asked them for their Company Registration number or Charity Registration, neither of which existed!

On the third call they insisted that I had agreed to a contract and that I owed them money at which point I let them have it as I think I remember where I spend my advertising budget!!!

I did report them to trading standards but they told me no offence has taken place until an invoice has been raised.

The second time this happened was only two days ago, as soon as I heard the opening line I asked her to stop and not to bother me to which she replied "but you've already agreed sir". I lost the plot!!!!! And went in to such a rant that I’m not entirely sure when she hung up:oops:I must of been in full flow for a good 5 minutes without taking breath and more than likely talking to no-one:mad2:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Vardis forresters fund for children SCAM advertising in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Ok, so i've been looking into creating a website, as we all know, how important our presence...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
Last week I received an e-mail from what I thought was a customer wanted their kitchen tiled,I...
Replies
Views
D
What you might not know about enforcement in Scotland of bad debts. Case Outline: A scottish...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
B
07785 469131 - Mike Jones Same company that phoned me over a year ago using the same name...
Replies
Views
Peter
P
G
Buying stuff via websites and Ebay rules my life. I rarely have time to get to the store I need...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.