Discuss Victorian floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

Anyone here had much experience with these types of tiles? I have a job using Original Style - Balmoral pattern. Just wanted any tips on setting out. Also some kind of ball park figure on how long I should allow say, per metre or metres per day? I was also wondering if it made any difference whether the pattern was laid first then the border or the other way round? Thanks in advance

T

theyomper

When I have laid these I lay the border first and then the field tiles. You need to spend a fair amount of time with the planning stage and I wold sggest that you loose lay a section just to get the layout right and as a check to see that you have no silly slips.
Use a chalk line and keep every thing square. Any irregularities can be taken up at the skirtings.
If you get all this right it's a very rewarding job. as for pricing per square metre I will send you a PM about that.

T

theyomper

As far as I know, if you contact Original Style they can supply you with some software ( disk) to help lay out your pattern. Think you must have the appropriate CAD package on your computer. Used to have this software myself but cannot find disk.
Here is an example of something similar from my favourite You Tube
Hope this helps
YouTube - victorian floor

I contacted original Style as they said they offered a design service. I e mailed them all the measurements......they never got back to me and they would rarely answer the phone. In the end I ended up drawing the floor and design to scale, highlighted the different colours an d counted them all. For about a 6 square metre entrance up with some 1500 individual tiles.
Their customer service was very poor.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Victorian floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’ve a fairly basic question I thinks, hope someone can help me out with. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
This is the tiling on a Victorian house bathroom floor after a renovation. Is this alignment /...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen floor tiled in large plank-style porcelain tiles (90cm x 15cm) about 2 years...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB