UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Victorian Floor -with big hump in middle in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stonebro2

Convert 70's bathroom to Victorian Bathroom - 20mm high lump in middle of T&G floor
Photo0052.jpg 888.jpg P1010413.jpg
Would have been a simple job if not for high spot in middle
Overlayed hole floor with Tilebacker and levelled from centre - I never lay a tile until the floor is **** on

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Stonebro2

I got it bubble flat as well
1.Nomoreply whole floor except 500mm radius a round hump - just so happened thats where all the wires where too
2.Covered hump with mapei fibre glass mesh and screeded with a part bag of rubber crum
3.Using 2m level bedded 100mm wide strips of 9mm Nomoreply (primed both sides - sbr diluted 1:4) (using Weber single part flexi) around perimeter of room - checking level to hump and level around edges where bath was = 20mm rest of room 16-20mm
4.Filled up to edge of 9mm with Mapei Tradeplan Leveller (the best leveller in the world IMO)
5.Tiled
Simples!!!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Victorian Floor -with big hump in middle in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

T
    • Winner
Victorian Geometric Hallway Flooring. Geometric Floor Tiling by Timeless Tiles John. Nothing...
Replies
Views
The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP
T
T
    • Winner
Hi. Calling all experienced Victorian floor fixers and anyone who has come accross this...
Replies
Views
L
C
Hello all, I had my hallway floor installes by a builder 3 years ago, dug out, underfloor...
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F
F
im doing our hallway at home and I'm on the look out for some more affordable alternative of the...
Replies
Views
Concrete guy
C
Hi, could any of my fellow tilers suggest the best place and preferably the cheapest place to...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.