Discuss Victorian quarry tile repair in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

Justin G

Hi guys,

I am going to attempt to repair and restore the Victorian mosaic quarry tiles in the entrance to my house.

The area is only around 3 metres square and is in the porchway, so is somewhat open to the elements (no front door). There are three areas where the ground seems to have pushed up from below to cause some damage to the tiles above.

Is the following plan of action sensible?:

Take up the tiles from the raised areas and drill out the screed that has risen below them.
Source replacements tiles and re bed them on (what to use?)
Order some Tile Doctor Pro clean stuff to get them back to looking their best before sealing them.

What would have caused the ground to rise up and what is the best product to use re bed any new tiles?

Thanks in advance...

J

Justin G

Any pics? Could be a tree root, if you have trees nearbye.

Certainly no trees nearby now, there may have been one in the past as a small area about on the outside path about six feet also shows signs of movement.

Attachments

• S1980002.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 36
  • S1980003.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 36
  • S1980004.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 35
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Victorian quarry tile repair in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there, We have red quarry tiles in our indoor entrance hall and my wife would like to paint...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB