UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Victorian tiles with under floor heating! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Uheat

Hi All

I have laid a victorian style floor with underfloor heating (thanks U Heat:thumbsup:).
My problem is how to finish the flooring.

I have impregnated and sealed the floor, but am worried that if I use a finishing product like wax it might be affected by the heating.

What would you suggest to use as a final coating to fully protect the floor ?

Thanks in advance.

Ian

Hi Ian,

What product/manufacturer did you use for impregnating?

My understanding is that wax based sealer is fine for use with ufh but has to be applied with the ufh switched off.

U

Uheat

Hi Aaron

I see you have moved from Varme!

I have used a fila sealant and was thinking of using filajet as a final finish.

Hi Ian,

Please dont swear!!:thumbsup:

Checked with Fila and all their products are suitable with ufh

Good to talk to you on the phone again.
Glad everything has gone well and hope to speak again soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Victorian tiles with under floor heating! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
I am sure someone will know a good practice solution. We started a wetroom last year and then...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.