• Thread starter davidwf
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 93

Currently reading:
W-plan pump run on Discussion Thread

Discuss W-plan pump run on Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W-plan pump run on Discussion Thread

Son recently moved into a 20 year old house with what appears to be a W-plan system using, I think a Worcester Bosch Greenstar gas boiler
He noticed that the rads were getting hot when the HW was on and I diagnosed the 2 position diverter valve (not 3 position valve!) was well and truly seized in the open position.
Having replaced tis expensive (£150) item HW now gets hot and the rads dont......until the cylinder thermostat temp is reached and the valve moves to the CH position which all seems correct.....but the pump continues to run for several minutes as I believe it should during which time it is now pumping the residual heat around the rads !
Cant see any way around that apart from changing to a mid position valve which, having just fitted a new one I dont really want to do.
Is that simply a disadvantage of the W-plan system that we have to live with ???? seems rather daft if it is

W-plan pump run on for the original thread on Plumbers Forums

Reply to W-plan pump run on Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB