UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Walked off job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

nybor62

TF
rotherham
well im home walked off job i was on hotel in malton , just cant make it pay , plus poor prep work by contractor
400x400 20mm thick marble onto timber floors over laid with 6mm ply , £15.00 m2 theres upstand to fit , which is included in price
the biggest floor is about 5m2 all cuts

this is a grade 2 listed building the floors are all over the place , overlaid over original floor boards which are up and down , asked why you hav,nt sorted floors out client likes the floors like this adds to the character , so why are we trying to fix marble to this , forget it

S

Stewart

Good for you for walking.... The more pro tilers refuse to work for nothing and in unacceptable circumstances, the quicker the prices will get back to an acceptable level worthy of the proffession. I feel lucky and embarrassed at the same time getting the prices I do for my private work, when I see what some guys are having to accept.

Bring on the revolution I say and get our trade licenced and regulated and fair rates for all........

Created on iPhone.....

Somerset
Ah guys. Lets lighten up - tis season of goodwill. Lets all sing along to the tune of "Mistletoe and wine":

Christmastime, Travertine is fine
Religious chanting“Marble laid on time”
Wood on theflooring, ply to the door
“Do it all quick, and don’t lay it poor”

Christmas time, stone laid on pine
Builder’swhinging “Nothings on time”
Building islisted, cash price is ****
Walk off the site, and leave them to it!

Merry Christmas everyone

:lol:

T

The D

There is no point saying we should all stand together and not do the lower paid work and that way the prices will go up as that is just not going to happen at the moment IMO. There are ten tilers that will step up and have a go at making it pay. Some will be able to make it pay and some will not , saying no to the job because it is not financially worth you doing the work is a sensible decision. However the people saying no to the job thinking that it is some how going to increase the price the contractors are willing to pay are fooling themselves, the only time the prices will start to go back up is when all the other tilers have to much work on to bother with the lower paid jobs, and then the cycle will star again.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Walked off job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m not a tiler - which is why I have one in working away on my new kitchen floor! However...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posted a couple of times for advice a few weeks back, the outcome of which was to scrap my plan...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

rotherham

Thread Information

Title
Walked off job
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.