Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Wall and Shower tray joints in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie101

Hi all

I have two questions to do with joint seals .

1) Cement board Wall Joint

I'm constructing a 3 walled shower cubical which will be lined with Knauf cement boards. At the internal corner joints Knauf recommends using a permanent flexible sealant rather than their polyurethane adhesive. I thought a crosslinking silicone might make a good job of it. However the crosslinking silicones all seem to have acetic acid in them and are not recommend for use around marble. The cement board will be covered with wetdecs Dura-wp membrane before tiling with marble.

So my qestion is what silicone or other product would be best for the internal wall joints? Would the acetic acid damage the Dura-wp membrane or migrate through to the marble? Or should I just leave the joints open before the membrame is applied?

2) Sealing the shower tray joint.

I have a resin shower tray without upstands to fit in the cubical.
The idea was to fit the tray after the cement boards so that only the tiles overlap the tray edge. I was looking at trimlux and sealux to create a seal but am concerned they might harden or discolour with age. I also thought they might break if a shampoo bottle was dropped on them and that the detail on the mitred corners look to be a potential weak point

What do you think is the best method or combination of methods for a long term seal of joints between walls and the shower tray?

Reply to Wall and Shower tray joints in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Wetroom leaked. Former and first course of wall tiles removed. WBP ply on joists (shower tray...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m fitting a Nova Frameless 1000 x 800 Sliding Door Shower Enclosure with a low profile...
Replies
Views
I have a minor issue with where my shower tray is going. The ensuite is an L shape and the...
Replies
Views
Greetings All, appreciate the expertise existing in this forum. I am a home remodeler, not a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Wall and Shower tray joints
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.