Discuss Wall or Floor tiling first. Battons or not in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jeff the tiler

Hey all interested in what you guys are doing out there. Just read a thread where some are tiling the walls then the floors or floors then the walls it would be good to get your views. Battons or not. For me only on the rarest of occasion. Old school i am afraid, get the bottom area done where there is most of the work and then move onto the easier areas. But always open to new ideas
Sorry, did use a batton recently, to support the soffit once tiled!!

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
small tiles i use a batton,large tiles i just set a level and start from bottom.
i tile walls 1st always unless im running through with joints around room,then i set floor and walls to floor ,much easier to set out.

I also don't think not using battons is 'old school',obviously im not as old as some on here:smilewinkgrin: and only been int trade for 27 years,but ive seen em used and not used in that time,i think its preference not skill level :thumbsup:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Hey not saying it is skill level just think it is the way you have been taught. For me it's walls first but agree set out from floor if grout line to match. Always open to new ways of working but struggling to see how battens speed anything up if you are using the right adhesive and laser level.

Yup me to jeff, i like finding out new ways of working, anything to make life easier :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wall or Floor tiling first. Battons or not in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB