UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Wall or Floor - Which comes first? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tregah

Evening all,

I'm doing a bathroom refit. Stripped it bare, re-studded due to previous owners bodge job and all the studwork had become rotten. - Plumbed everything ready for fit. Reboarded the Walls with cement board and taped all joints with silicon in the corners. The floors are clean and pva'd ready for the off.

My question is, which should done first, Floor or walls? Or is it a personnal choice?

And finally are there any top tips for tiling the bathroom?

Many thanks in advance

Graham

L

Lodger

I normally tile the floor first. This is mainly so I can get a better finish on the floor wall joint. Most of the floor tiles I have laid are always larger then the wall tiles so not able to line up grout lines. I just seem to get a better finish laying the floor first then scribing the bottom row of the wall tiles as I do with the top row of the tiles to the ceiling. Always good to tile the walls first as there is always a chance you may damage floor tiles and contaminate the grout on the floor.

T

Tregah

bathrooms over here are waterproofed (all floor area ) then you tile it to protect the waterproofing then the walls use drop sheets to protect the floor while doing walls .also if needed the floor can line up with wall tiles

Thanks Jay

How's, Sunny Tasmania? I've just waterproofed and therma boarded the floor ready for loose wiring tomorow. So that will be done first, then protected.

All the best

Graham

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wall or Floor - Which comes first? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster. I’ve recently moved in to a new build property...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I'm doing a total refit of my bathroom, including the floor which is water damaged...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping for some confirmation my wall will be safe to tile please? I'm tiling my...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.