Discuss wall prep advice needed... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tlogic

Hello everone,:builder2:,

I know this has been asked a million times, but can someone clear up a few quries i have

I am currently doing up my bathroom and have started to take down the old tiles ready for new ones, in doing so the skim finished plaster is comming away with the tiles leaving behing the bonding,

now this is where i don;t know what to do,

1. is it ok to apply wickes one coat plaster directly on to the exisiting bonding ready for new tiles, if it's ok do i need to apply anything on to the exisitng bonding before applying this kind of plaster, such pva, or damping the walls down?

2, or shall i go for a standard multi finish?

3.where the wet areas is which is only the bath area i'm thing of putting in some aqua board from wickes and then tile directly on to this, is this ok to do?

the new tile size are, 39.8cm x24.8cm

any advice much appreciated.

cheers

Reply to wall prep advice needed... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
wall prep advice needed...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.