Discuss Wall Prep in Bathroom Advice Needed in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

chrisb1357

Hi

Well we are thinking of tiling our bathroom soon on all walls floor to celling and I wanted to know what sort of tile size should I be looking at for a small bathrrom.

Room Width is 1m 67cm x 2m 48cm with a height of 2m 32cm. I have worked it out at around 20sqm without taking the window or door out or counting for some pipe boxing I am looking to build just so I get an idea of tile prices.

2 Walls are internal studded and 2 others are external walls with plaster. I need to remove some of the plaster before hand and re apply as some pulled off when I removed the wallpaper so not sure how good the walls are and what sort of weight they can take.

The walls had wallpaper / paint on before and this has been removed.

What is best way to prep for the above

Well I have been around all the walls with a level and some parts on the walls have a few mm gap between the wall and level so I guest its not dead flat.

On the external wall some plaster has blown so someone suggest I go around with a knife then remove the blown plaster and re plaster that area which is about 1m x 1m.

When I talk about the walls not being great I mean they had been painted then wall paper over before hand which I have removed last year and some holes from where shelfs had been mounted

Some people told me if the tile is to heavy and the wall is not great then they can fall off?? but I don't want to have the walls skimmed again.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Wall Prep in Bathroom Advice Needed in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’ve just crossed over from the plumbers forum for some tiling advice as I’m in the process...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB