Discuss Wall prep on painted plasterboard in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stavs tiles

Hi guys!

I've had mix reviews on this one and need a final judgement by you helpful lot!

So I've got a plasterboard that's painted with emulsion and going to tile onto.

Wall prep.........The question is shall I score/scratch the plasterboard with a sharp tool so the adhesive can grab onto. I will be priming the wall with Acrylic bal after.

A lot of people are telling me just to scrape and key the painted plasterboard and it will be fine?!??!?

A lot of people are also telling me il weaken the plasterboard. These tiles are 300x550 and ceramic and actually not too heavy.

Thank you all so much in advance!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wall prep on painted plasterboard in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I've got a newbie question here! I've got a kitchen splashback coming up soon with...
Replies
Views
Hi Tilers, this is my first question on this forum and I've got a few different areas to cover...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I’m after a bit of advice on how to prepare my kitchen wall for a splashback that I’m...
Replies
Views
Perfect Tiling
P
Hi been browsing the forum, lots of good advice. I’m after some myself of you don’t mind...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB