UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Want to do your NVQ ? Imoortant please read : Evidence required in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Leatherface

If anyone is thinking of, or undertaking their NVQ in Wall and Floor Tiling, then please read....
There are a number of core requirements that need to be fulfilled before you can pass your NVQ through OSAT ( On Site Asessment and Training )
Your tutor will visit you at home and have a general chat, and explain the procedure. You will have to sign a number of forms. You will also be given various paperwork to complete.
Amongst these are..

A method statement : explain how you would carry out a job ( any job ) from start to finish, tools required, setting out, adhesive used etc, etc.
Witness testimonies : People or companies you have worked for need do fill in, sign and confirm that you have fulfilled the key requirements to pass your NVQ.
Fill in a CV : Detailing your experience as a tiler.
Customer references.
And most importantly : Photographic Evidence The more photos you take at key stages of each job, then the more chance you have of passing quickly. You must be in some of the photos and be able to explain in depth each photo if required.
Your tutor will usually try and schedule a number of visits to your places of work to see first hand how you work.The number of visits required will depend upon each individual.
I spent a long time taking photos even before I applied to the college and carried on doing so right up until my first visit. On the day of my first visit I took my laptop and spent a good hour going through each photo and explaining or answering questions. The tutor said that he was totally satisfied and did not wish to see me any more, or need to stay and watch me working.
If you do not have access to a laptop and have plenty of photos, then try asking your tutor to make a home visit so you can show him photos on your PC at home.
Here is a small selection of some of the photos I took for my NVQ....
YouTube - nvq photographic evidence

[yt]cwDmNC3vX1Q[/yt]

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Want to do your NVQ ? Imoortant please read : Evidence required in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Add your news for free; Tiling News, Plumbing News, Electrical News What's Involved in...
Replies
Views
D
How do I drill a hole in a steel bath. Or cast iron bath. Instructions on drilling into baths...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
D
Hi All, If you are interested in attending an intensive tiling course please visit our website...
Replies
Views
DaveCSC
D
Information in this first post is based on the Level 1 found here: Diploma in Wall & Floor...
Replies
Views
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Want to do your NVQ ? Imoortant please read : Evidence required
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.