UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss want to tile kitchen / dining room / WC - different substrates - help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Corez

Want to tile a new kitchen / dining room / WC with ceramic floor tiles.

Kitchen has an area where the wall was which is concrete (1metre x 2metre) Builders have screwed plywood board down over the rest of the wooden floorboards and also the WC has concrete around it. Builders say they dont think we can have it tiled as it will crack where the 2 surfaces meet.

Any ideas ? We could chip away some of the concrete and screw ply ontop ??

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
You would need some form of expansion gap where the wood meets concrete. Though as you say you could screw ply over the lot, or chip the concrete away and screw ply to keep it flush with the existing wood.

If it's a nice and even square though (I guess it isnt?) you would get away with using an expansion strip where the two meet, and then tile either side of it using different adhesives.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to want to tile kitchen / dining room / WC - different substrates - help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm embarking on tiling a kitchen, wall-to-wall (under washing machine etc). most of the floor...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
Hi Ive been browsing your forums over the years looking for guidance for odd tiling DIY tasks...
Replies
Views
Can I ask advice please; I have MS and the worry is making me ill. The tiles are all chipped...
Replies
Views
Please can someone who knows what they are talking about help me out. I am very unhappy. I...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.