UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss "Wanted" some tiling Experience !! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Andy78

Hi all, I'm a fairly new and not very experienced tiler from Coventry just trying to start out after wanting a career change (previously a Toolmaker). I guess I'm looking to gain the necessary experience needed to work confidently for myself as a full time tiler and earn a decent crust. I have done an expensive intensive coarse at a local training centre to learn the basics in marking out, laying floor and wall, Pricing etc. I have completed a friends kitchen floor and downstairs toilet for my folks with surprisingly good results which gave me a certain confidence but have found I still wouldn't be 100% comfortable taking on a job for a complete stranger. I am looking for some help to maybe shadow an experienced tiler in my local area who can teach me and and maybe work alongside and gain the speed and confidence before going it alone, am in a position at the moment where i'd happily help out for nothing in return (voluntary) just to gain this experience. I hope someone can help me out or make a suggestion to point me in the right direction. Thanks all and look forward to hearing from anyone with some good advice.
Andy

B

bigcol

HI ANDY 78 COL HERE IM IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU M8 .
DONE A WEEKS COURSE FOR £600 DONE SUM WORK SINCE FOR FAMILY NOT MUCH LIKE, WORKED WITH A TILER FOR A FEW MONTHS ON WEEKEND ENJOYED IT MIND DONE IT FREE OF CHARGE .HES WENT A BIT QUIET LATELY LOOKING FOR SUM ONE ELSE TO GIVE A HAND ( HARDEST PART)
giving up is to easy m8 let is now how u get on good luck....col:mad2::hurray:

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Andy78

Hey Col, thanks for your reply and yes its all too easy to "Give Up", and I almost started to think it may be easier going back into my original trade being a toolmaker, however still looking for some one to work with/shadow, have since done a couple of small projects but still a little unsure of my abilities, maybe we could help each other out if your in the Midlands somewhere, anyways you take care and good luck with your new career

B

bigcol

areet andy cheers 4 replying m8 .
good site this ,been looking at peoples posts to get a bit more knowledge/advice starting to understand that this may be a slow process but still learning even by reading posts .
totally understand when you say you might go bk to old trade as much as u may not like it ,i work in a factory all day not my cup of tea hate it ! but like we say here in geordieland ( owt"s better than nowt) (anythings better than nothing) anything thats easy is boring stick at it m8 cheers again col ... !!! to dave /admin sorry for u having to edit my post earlier for swearing another habit im trying to stop ! ! ill put a £1.00 in the swear box

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to "Wanted" some tiling Experience !! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all I have recently completed a course with UK Pro Tiling , and now looking gain more...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.