Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Warm Up underfloor heating in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

divingmoose

Hi,
I am looking at underfloor heating and have been reading about Warmup brand. Has anyone used this and if so what do you think?
Also it is going to be fitted into a 2nd floor ensuite, the floor is floor boards and wondered do i need to ply the floor first and then use the insulation boards that warmup sell. Also the thermostat will go on the bedroom wall outside the ensuite can the thermostats be put onto the electris already in the room, ie can my electrician put it onto the ring main that is used for the sockets. I will be putting in a stud wall so i assume that the cable for the thermostat can be run down the internal stud wall also i assume the sensor for the thermostat can also be run down the stud wall then into the heated floor.
Hope this make some sense.
Thanks again Lee

T

Time's Ran Out

Never used warmup but I assume all similar in principle.
Tend to use Thermonet as operates as a room warmer principle source - others are tile warmers. Higher output/sq mt.
Your electrician will provide the information you require reference using a fused spur from the ring main as it will depend on the mat size and the number of amps it will draw.
The thermostat/floor sensor should be in a flexible tube to allow replacement if faulty in the future and this can go in the stud and accross the floor to an area between the wires.
All fitting instructions will be included with the Under Floor Heating pack but make sure the final connection is by a qualified electrician.

Timeless John.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Not used it personally but know several people who have and it seems pretty srtaight forward. I almost put it in my conservatory but decided in the end to go for rads - think I regret it now but there you go. I think it is quite an expensive system to buy through standard retail - I have 25m2 conservatory and it was going to cost me over £1500 for just the mats through Tiles R Us. You tried U Heat he would be able to advise and he is on the forum too.

pjrich

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Ipswich
Lee,

I'm sure we can offer you a better price (and system) than warmup. If you'd like to email us the details [email protected] or give us a call on 01394 384077 Keith, Adam, Steve or myself will sort out the best system for you. Don't forget to mention Tilersforums for the extra discount.

Warm Regards,

pjrich

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Ipswich
Not used it personally but know several people who have and it seems pretty srtaight forward. I almost put it in my conservatory but decided in the end to go for rads - think I regret it now but there you go. I think it is quite an expensive system to buy through standard retail - I have 25m2 conservatory and it was going to cost me over £1500 for just the mats through Tiles R Us. You tried U Heat he would be able to advise and he is on the forum too.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Warmup is normally a lot more expensive when compared to our products. The Elektra heating products are very high quality.

Our price for a 25m2 conservatory with 200W/m2 mats and a programmable thermostat stat would be less than £750 inc VAT:thumbsup:

Warm Regards,

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Thanks for the recommendation.

Warmup is normally a lot more expensive when compared to our products. The Elektra heating products are very high quality.

Our price for a 25m2 conservatory with 200W/m2 mats and a programmable thermostat stat would be less than £750 inc VAT:thumbsup:

Warm Regards,

Wish I'd been on here before putting floors down. Rads it is for me. Oh Well.....at least I'll have somewhere to dry my rain coat when I come in from all this rubbish weather :smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Warm Up underfloor heating in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi there, hoping for some help here. I am about to install a small (2.2x2.5m approx) area of...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
We had a water underfloor heating installed and tiled over. 3 months later we noticed many tiles...
Replies
Views
Amethsyt
A

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Warm Up underfloor heating
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.