UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Warning on a job in Twickenham in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rooders

Hello all. just wanted to warn everyone here about a very dodgy client. If you are asked to do any work in the twickenham area and the road begins with the word "river" then please be very careful. I have been bumped for a grand for work that i done in nov. the client will promise you the world and its a wonderful house and would be wonderful work . But please do not be fooled as i was
Contact me if they call you and you want more information on the situation

K

kendo1

Sometimes all it takes is the threat of legal action.
Write a covering letter to your invoice to say that if payment is not made within 7/14 days that you will start legal proceedings against them.
It gets the ball rolling, they may pay, and you have time to go to Citizens advice, or your lawyer, and find out how to start a small claim.
Worth a try.

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:
S

steve187

Sometimes all it takes is the threat of legal action.
Write a covering letter to your invoice to say that if payment is not made within 7/14 days that you will start legal proceedings against them.
It gets the ball rolling, they may pay, and you have time to go to Citizens advice, or your lawyer, and find out how to start a small claim.
Worth a try.

Ken

Send the letter recorded delivery, will help in court at a later date, also he may believe you are more serious, keep copies and write as a statement on the rear of the letters ' this is a true copy of a letter and invoice send to ................. on ..........' then sign and date. keep receipt from post office.

A

aphilp

Sorry to hear that you have not been paid. If you need help with your claim, please contact me.

You want to send them the following letter:

Dear …

Site Address:
Invoice No.

We note that the above invoice, dated …, has not been settled in full despite the stipulated 14-day payment term.

Kindly settle the amount of … by return.

Should we not receive the said payment, we regret that we will have to take action to recover the debt, together with the statutory interest from (15[SUP]th[/SUP] day – the day after the invoice due date) … at the rate of 8%.

Yours

O

ozboz

Its just remembered, a similar tale, Iwas talking to a curtain/blind supplier from richmond, around new year, he was telling me about some job and the owner was trying to screw him for quite a bit of money, it was im the TW post code area im sure, I'll find out and if it is the same owner then it gives all concerned a better chance to re coup losses if he is proven to be an habitual shonk, ill let you know mate

R

rooders

Thanks a lot for all your responses guys.. Having a network of support is so valuble to us tradesmen. Ozboz, the guy concerned has been in police custody since just before christmas for fraud and not declaring taxes. i hear its to the sum of a million. He has left all the debts and unhappy companys, builders, ect for his wife. Thats who i'm now dealing with now.. unfortunatly. She is rushing to get their house finished to enable her to sell it so thats why i was warning people.

He has been on cowboy builders as i found out half way through the job from the local hardware store.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Warning on a job in Twickenham in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello all! I don't usually use forums so bear with me. I've tiled my downstairs toilet, I...
Replies
Views
Hi we are Large format tile installers. With over 20 years of tiling experience . We have...
Replies
Views
John Lancaster
J
hello all, I have posted on this site before but not for a while ( I promise to try harder!)...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
Hi All I'm looking for some advice from the experts and hope you can help. I've just had a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.